I never throw anything away! Once in awhile I get to use some of my treasures. I wanted wheels on my UDS so I could easily move it around for storage, cleaning, and Smoking! I had some high wheels saved from a worn out lawnmower. I also found these metal casters at Home Depot and I just had to have them for the Smoker. Bling is Good!
I dug around in my metal junk pile, (something else I never throw away is pieces of metal) and came up with some pieces of steel angle from an old mattress frame. Amazingly (to me at least), I had a piece of round tube stock that fit the wheels perfectly for an axle. Some pieces of conduit cut to length spaced everything out. Here I was locating everything in order to mark and drill holes to bolt the assembly to the drum.
Here's a final picture after paint of the rear wheel mount.
The metal caster wheels are mounted to the removable bottom (it used to be the top).
I installed 3 latch clamps around the drum to hold the bottom on.
No comments:
Post a Comment